Thursday, February 20, 2014

Trying doesn't quite count...

Life gets in the way of things... like studying and signing up for the certification exam. So I'm finally getting to the point where I feel that I've studied enough that I can set up a date to take the exam (maybe that or I'm getting to the point where I'm tired of studying and figure I might as well get it over with). I started off by filling out a printed version of the application so I could just send a check (can I mention that writing the ASCP a $500+ check hurts?) but there was a number I'd have to email my course director to get and didn't want to be a bother. So I figured I'd just do the online application and skip that bit, except four minutes after I started filling out the online application the website went down for maintenance. Rats, foiled again!

So I'm going to stay up and try again in a few hours. I don't get any bonus points for just trying to sign up, I have to actually do it and having now finally gotten around to doing it (and having located my sealed transcripts) I'd really like to be done with it.

I have to do the online application and then mail in my sealed transcripts, and then I wait to hear back from them with my three month window for when I can actually take the exam. So even this doesn't mean that I'll know my date immediately....

But, still... it is a step in the right direction. I'm tired of having it hanging over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment