Sunday, November 30, 2014

8830...what?

The other PA where I work has been promoted to interim lab director in a week or so, which I hope will be a good experience for her! As a result I'm now verifying the charges for the cases we do. I haven't  dealt with that much since leaving school but it is a good skill to have. It goes a lot faster now that I've refamiliarized myself with things and I don't have to think about the specimen types we see all the time.

I have other things I need to blog about but because of those other things, I haven't had too much spare time! Maybe in a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have been thinking about becoming a pathologist assistant. How did you make your decision to become one, how did you find out about this profession, and why do you like it? I literally can't find much information about becoming a PathA on the internet. Also what was the admissions process like at
    Duke. I might apply next year if I think I would like being a PathA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm interested in Pathology Assistant, and I'm taking an extra year to take some extra classes, such as anatomy, as well as retake a few classes to boost my GPA. I am in the process of making my fall schedule and I am unsure which prerequisites to retake. I am looking at retaking organic chemistry, however, I am unsure how beneficial it would be. If you have any information or suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I have asked faculty and advisors at my university and they do not know anything about pathology assistant! Since you are well on your way, I figured you might be able to help me out!

    Thanks!

    Cydney

    ReplyDelete