Saturday, February 9, 2013

Calling and calling...

This is my on-call weekend. I called last night and there wasn't a case. I went to bed at 10 pm and set my alarm for 6 am. I called at 6 am, no answer from the decedent care office... So I kept calling and calling. At 6:30 I got in the car and headed to the hospital because I have to be there at 7 if there is a case, regardless of if someone is there to tell me that we have one or not. I get a text from my fellow oncall student ten minutes later to say that he's giving up and heading in too. I keep calling. I left my number to be paged and a voicemail on their line. As I'm pulling into the parking garage one of the autopsy techs gives me a call saying he heard my message and that we're clear. It saved me the walk in from the parking garage, which considering how little I'm enjoying walking right now, was pretty nice.

I don't mind going in if there is a case since around a third of all of the autopsies happen on the weekend, and I go to bed early so I'm okay waking up and being there on time. But this morning was frustrating, doing what we are supposed to do and getting no answer.

Hopefully tomorrow is better!

Meanwhile, I'm in a walking boot. It is a huge improvement over the crutches! It still hurts to walk but I can walk.

1 comment:

  1. tracy.rose@healthline.comFebruary 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

    Hi,

    Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to thatgirlwiththescalpel.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

    Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
    Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
    Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

    Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

    Warm Regards,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete