Thursday, February 28, 2013

Interviews and figuring out the future...

It has been an interesting week and I'm really sad that I missed out on the earlier interviews. I really do trust my classmate's opinions since the group's opinion on the folks we've met this week has tracked right along with my own. Tomorrow is the last interview and the admissions committee will meet next week to make decisions... we're sending a representative, so I'm glad that I don't have to be there. It is a hard decision every year and I don't see it being any easier this year, but they keep the program the size it is because it means that we can get much more personalized instruction and they can maintain the standards of its graduates.

In the meantime I've had a challenging time personally. I've done some research into locum tenens/traveling PA jobs including talking to one of our staff PAs who has done it in the past and getting in contact with a graduate from last year that wanted to travel. Unless a permanent job opens up within commuting distance of where we live (even a miserable commute), it is most likely the route I'm going to have to go after graduation. I'm still looking at permanent positions in other areas since it would be worth it to live apart for the right opportunity, but I've somewhat come to terms with moving back to SC.




1 comment:

  1. Hey so I totally did not realize that I met you when I interviewed on February 27th of this year. I was exhausted from the long day and meant to tell you thank you for your blog entries in person. Your blog has really helped me in my application process to pathology assistant schools and you were SUPER nice and helpful in answering my questions about Duke's program.
    So thank you again for all your help and best of luck to you when you graduate this year!
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete