Sunday, August 18, 2013

Oh, hey! Paycheck...

Paychecks are nice. I haven't gotten one in two years, so it is a welcome change to be in a position to be receiving one. Except... I think my first paycheck will be a paper one, which means I should have gotten that from someone last Friday. I forgot to ask about it then so I'll have to follow up on that tomorrow.

In the meantime, work seems to be going pretty well! My boss said that normally when someone has filled in grossing for her while on vacation the pathologists have given her feedback to pass on to them, but so far they haven't had anything they'd like me to do differently. It is very encouraging! Everyone continues to be very nice, and--with permission--I've brought in headphones so I can listen to music while I gross. The gross room is off of the main histology lab so it can get relatively quiet in there, especially since the histotechs leave in the early afternoon.

It hasn't been that bad of an adjustment going from a massive academic hospital to a community hospital. I think it helps that I worked in that sort of setting before I went to school so even at Duke I tried to be economical with my block counts as much as possible while still submitting the necessary sections.

I'm adjusting to the commute fairly well, I think. And my hours mean I have time in the morning to go to the gym and do a bit around the house before heading into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment